Hope for PANDAS/PANS (Autoimmune Brain) Kids
PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorder Associated with Strep) and PANS (Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome) are autoimmune brain conditions that affect as many as 1 in 200 kids. Kids with PANDAS or PANS have a sudden onset of obsessive-compulsive symptoms (OCD), tics, or eating restrictions, as well as:
- Emotional Lability and/or Depression
- Irritability, Aggression, and/or Severe Oppositional Behaviors
- Behavioral (Developmental) Regression
- Sudden Deterioration in School Performance
- Motor or Sensory Abnormalities
- Somatic Signs and Symptoms, including Sleep Disturbances, Enuresis, or Urinary Frequency
We'll be at Heritage Park on Sunday, September 22, 2019 to take part in the RBC Race for the Kids at Heritage Park.
Thank you for supporting us as we run, walk and raise awareness for child and youth mental health initiatives.
Every donation helps support the 60,000 kids who need support with mental health concerns every year in our city. Thank you in advance for your generous gift.
We will keep you updated on our progress, and if you're encouraged by our efforts, please feel free to register and join our team!